Wednesday 16 October 2013

Album "Stickers"

When researching into album art, I noticed that a few designers used a circle on the cover, featuring some band information, this is seen a lot in the designs of Leif Podhajsky, the man behind the album art of Tame Impala and Splashh


A similar thing is seen on the album art for Suck It and See.
This style could perhaps have been inspired by the promotional stickers often seen on physical release copies in shops. These stickers normally list the most popular/ successful songs off the album, and sometimes give a star rating from a reviewer or magazine.
The Black Keys's El Camino digipack release had a circular sticker with the words "Play Loud" on it, another example of this feature.
I really really like this idea and I think that I will use it in the development of my own ideas for my band's logo

No comments:

Post a Comment